The George Washington University Division of Rheumatology:
- Is collaborative and patient-focused, both in patient care and research
- GW Rheumatology is home to the world-renowned multidisciplinary Myositis Clinic, which is funded by the CureJM foundation. This clinic is one of the few dedicated pediatric myositis clinics on the East Coast.
- GW Rheumatology faculty collaborates with vascular surgery, immunology, nephrology, radiology, dermatology, and hematology to deliver patient-centered rheumatologic care.
- Is focused on advancing the field of rheumatology
- The GW MFA Myositis Clinic undertakes dedicated translational research focused on improving outcomes for patients with juvenile myositis.
- Our researchers collaborate with industry to conduct novel clinical trials in autoimmune diseases including the Abatacept in Dermatomyositis (AID) trial.
- Our team believes that training the rheumatologists of the future is an essential part of our role and we are committed to recruiting the best clinicians to our team.